Friday, November 28, 2008

Why say yes when you really mean no?


Why say yes when you really mean no? That was what I was going to write about today. I had the whole thing written up in my head and just had to get to a computer quick. But I failed. Work got in the way and now I have forgotten the argument and I am too befuddled by tiredness to say much of worth. If you're unlucky, I'll get back to it another day.

Anyway, I'm tired but happy. It’s Friday, and the weekend stretches ahead and outside, in the street, sit my (hopefully) soon-to-be-new-wheels. I have been given the car to use all weekend to see how it feels and whether I want to buy it. I suspect I shall spend the next two days driving the Artist round the bend and then another, and another. Poor chap. Our old and battered silver Loretta sits dejectedly in the street, quite forlorn with the cocky red VW gloating behind. I feel quite the adulterer, but we need a car.

I confess, that it was love at first sight and that I can hardly say anything coherent because we only met today. Such excitement has left me yawning for oxygen, emotionally exhausted and the biggest car bore this side of Sierra Morena.